Below is a list of some of our key features that distinguishes Music Jotter as a powerful music editor. Some of our key features include audio scrubbing, easy tuple entry, and an intuitive and easy to use mixer.
Audio Scrubbing, Tuple Entry, Mixer …
- Not offered by some of the top music notation software applications, you may scrub your music by pressing Z to toggle the audio scrubbing mode, and drag a barline to hear playback. This eliminates the need to play your score if you want to zone in on a specific section.
- Easiest to use tuple entry system in any composition software to date. Simply choose a ratio and enter notes or rests. Music Jotter automatically handles the grouping on ANY tuple ratio without the need for continuous reapplication.
- Hover your mouse over any measure and press space to play from that measure. Or left click to highlight measure to always play from that measure. Press Up/Down during playback to “scroll” through systems.
- Save as PDF, where score is beautifully antialiased for presentation.
- Save to musicXML format or open a musicXML formatted file.
- Supports dynamic or static formatting giving you control if desired. Can be changed in options.
- Add text and lyrics.
- An easy to use repeat and barline system implementation.
- Supports realistic playback using metrics such as randomized tempo, volume, attack and duration.
- Velocity symbols (pppp through ffff) can be aligned by Staves, Brace or Bracket or by a Piano Staff.
- Easy object entry and deletion, left click adds note/rest/symbol/text, right click deletes note/rest/symbol/text.
- Fully featured mixer to easily add instruments, change channels, update volume, pan, solo or mute tracks.
- And much more. See our documentation for a more extensive view.
- Publish your piece for others to review.
- Collaborate and engage in discussion on musical scores directly within Music Jotter.
- See notifications and see which topics are hot on Young Composers.